Location: Dugort, Achill Island, Co. Mayo
Click for Google map: 54.006445 N, -10.024179 W
Number of headstones: 50+ legible headstones
Date range: 1871 to 2010 (observed)
Recorded: all legible headstones photographed June 2013
St Thomas' (Achill) Graveyard Headstones
St Thomas' protestant church is located in Dugort at the north end of Achill Island, Co. Mayo. The church and the graveyard are well maintained and still in current use.
St Thomas' was founded by Revd Edward Nangle in 1831 and was the principal church of the Achill Mission. In 2011 a significant act of worship took place in St Thomas' when the Roman Catholic and Anglican communities came together for a Service of Reconciliation.
The large church bell is embossed "Dublin 1853".
- To view a photo of the headstone, click on any name below.
- To return to the list, click on the photo.
- To search this page select "Edit, Find..." from the menu at the top-left of this browser window.
- To search this complete web-site, click the Search menu at the top right of this page
This website is optimized for desktop computers, it may not display well on portable devices.
Copyright notice: You are welcome to download any information or images from this website for personal use. Private individuals and
non-profit organizations may re-publish any images and original material from this website provided the purpose is not-for-profit and
due acknowledgement is given e.g. "Reproduced courtesy of www.GoldenLangan.com". Commercial organizations may not publish
or reproduce information or images from this website without written permission. Anyone is welcome to link to pages on this website.
While every effort is made to ensure accuracy of the information presented, no liability is accepted for any errors or omissions.